Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu

What are my rights in Rhode Island as the drunk driver in a car accident?

Return to Videos


I will leave aside the issue of your rights as a criminal defendant because that is not an area of the law I practice. If you are over served alcohol and it was over served to you in a reckless manner, as opposed to just a negligent manner, you do have the right to sue for your personal injuries, your pain and suffering, your medical bills, and your lost wages. You can sue the bar or restaurant for that. If the person who was over served recklessly is killed in the accident their estate, their spouse, and their children would have a claim.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

Get started by filling out the quick form to the right and letting us know a little bit about your case. We’ll contact you promptly and let you know how we think we can help you.

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation