Rear End Auto Accidents Are Not as Simple as They Appear
Persons injured when their vehicle is struck from behind are often surprised to learn their claim is far from easy. In Rhode Island, every year there is a trial where the jury finds in favor of a driver who hit the rear of the vehicle ahead of him.
Insurance companies see a lot of accidents where one car rear-ended another vehicle. Insurers have developed many tactics for defending these collisions. They often argue:
- The front car stopped suddenly or abruptly;
- The front car slowed to make a left or right turn, without using a signal;
- The front car’s brake lights were not working;
- The driver of the front vehicle was distracted or using a cell phone;
- The driver of the rear vehicle slid on ice, snow, or rain;
- The accident was a small “tap” that was too light for anyone to have been injured.
Aggressive personal injury lawyers work to obtain evidence and facts that defeat these sorts of arguments. This is the type of work that must be done early on. It pays big dividends later when it is time to settle. For this reason, it is important to hire an experienced, dedicated personal injury attorney soon after you suffer injuries or losses in a rear-end crash.
At Kiselica Law Firm we have successfully settled many rear-end accident cases where the insurance company makes defenses like these. In one case that settled for $75,000.00, the insurance company tried to argue our client’s driver’s license was suspended and she never should have been driving on the roadway in the first place.
If you have been injured in a car accident or lost a loved one in a rear end collision, a Providence personal injury lawyer from Kiselica Law Firm will provide the experienced legal representation you need to stand up to these types of insurance companies. Call us today at 401-421-0300.